Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: OS 10.13.1 Kills Email

I "upgraded" yesterday. For several years I've used apple mail on my home computer as the gateway to the Exchange server in our offices. Through many updates I've had no significant problems. After upgrading to 10.13.1 yesterday, my email account would not connect to the server. I deleted the account and re-entered the details. Eventually, I connected. However, at the present time:

(1) I cannot download existing message from the server to my iMac (not a problem before).

(2) I can send messages through the server, and they are received.

(3) I am not receiving any messages.

Is there a fix for this problem? has anyone else experienced this?

Michael Mandig

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 15, 2017 9:51 AM in response to mmandig In response to mmandig

I'm replying to my own email to add this:

My sent mail folder is completely up to date. The inbox will not load.

Nov 15, 2017 9:51 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 9:58 AM in response to mmandig In response to mmandig

As far as I know was Microsoft Exchange message synchronization even improved in macOS High Sierra 10.13.1.

About the macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 Update - Apple Support

Do others have the same problem?

Have you contacted your support team?

Nov 15, 2017 9:58 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 10:37 AM in response to mmandig In response to mmandig

I too upgraded and find that I have no iCloud mail account. I am seriously panicking as there are some very important

e-mails within. I'm not tech savvy and need some help to recover my mail account. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. How did you recover your account please.

Regards

Romesrjp

Nov 15, 2017 10:37 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: mmandig

Question: OS 10.13.1 Kills Email