Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AoL Mail failing.

November 14, 2017...MacMail stopped connecting to pop server. Original attempt a month ago to connect via imap failed. AoL support told me my settings would work via the incoming pop account. Had no problems sending and receiving via MacMail until yesterday. Able to connect to AoL via web, plus have Mail storage on iCloud. Pop account remains offline. Can someone from Apple contact AoL and help the poor fools out? This is getting rather old.

iMac, late 2013, running OS X 10.13.1 w/MacMail 11.1.

incoming: pop.aol.com; port 995 w/TLS/SSL

outgoing: smtp.aol.com; port 465 w/TLS/SSL

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13), External Drive running Mavericks

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 9:28 AM

no one from Apple will contact you here.

see this article to troubleshoot your issue if you are using OS X Mail.app

Use Mail Connection Doctor - Apple Support

2 replies

Nov 17, 2017 9:42 AM in response to Wolf Wallis

Thanks Jimmy. Asking Apple to contact AoL was tongue-in-cheek. Those of us who were with Verizon and thrown over to AoL have been subjected to various challenges and difficulties. Point being, while commonality is MacMail, AoL is the real culprit. I've used Connection Doctor, re-created accounts, made adjustments...at present, mail is working as it should.

It's the flightiness of this connection that is disconcerting.

Still, apologize if my post isn't helpful or misdirected in where it was posted. There is certainly a wealth of information on the forums.

AoL Mail failing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.