Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: PhotoShop Elements 12 work with High Sierra?

Hi, I have been reviewing my applications for compatibility with High Sierra. PSE 12 is the last one and I haven't been able to find out the answer. I see that it is already 64 bit, which is promising, but is anyone using PSE 12 with High Sierra and if so, was there any issues setting it up?

Thanks,

Ed

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Nov 15, 2017 10:39 AM in response to dialabrain In response to dialabrain

Thanks for showing that page. Adobe doesn't officially support High Sierra for PSE12, but it may work. It has been working on Sierra without issues, which Adobe also says it doesn't support. I am hoping to find someone who is using PSE12 with High Sierra.

Nov 15, 2017 10:39 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 11:09 AM in response to SantaCrnz In response to SantaCrnz

I am using Photoshop Elements 10 with High Sierra without a problem. Haven't tried all of it's features but it seems to work perfectly fine. I would imagine that PSE 12 should work is 10 does.

User uploaded file

Nov 15, 2017 11:09 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Nov 15, 2017 11:04 AM in response to SantaCrnz In response to SantaCrnz

Not offically supported but that means not tested. Your workflow may be fine - it may not be fine, and if you do run into issues the software is no longer developed and Adobe will ignore you - which is what they do when you pay for support anyway so get used to it. 🙂

Nov 15, 2017 11:04 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 2, 2017 10:29 AM in response to evelinev In response to evelinev

Do you have an external HD? Where is PSE's Scratch Disk located? If it's on your boot drive an it's formatted APFS that might be the cause of the problem. There are some other apps that don't work correctly due to the APFS formatting, Quicken 2007 for one.

You might try going too the Users/Home/Library/Preferences folder and moving the file named Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 Paths to the Desktop. Reboot and try launching PSE again. If there's no change then replace the newly created file with the original from the Desktop.

Dec 2, 2017 10:29 AM

Reply Helpful

Jan 9, 2018 12:51 PM in response to lui.croce In response to lui.croce

This is the version I'm running:

User uploaded file

I assume it's the latest version available. Where do you have the scratch disk setup? How much RAM do you have allocated for PSE? What sort of edits are you making? Are you editing RAW or JPEGS?

Have you tried the following:

1 - Boot into Safe Mode, Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode,

and try to edit and save from there.

2 - log into another user account on your Mac and try editing and saving there.

Jan 9, 2018 12:51 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: SantaCrnz

Question: PhotoShop Elements 12 work with High Sierra?