Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Only getting one song in Notifications

iTunes 12.7.1.14 on OSX 10.12.6.

I have iTunes notifications set up to keep all notifications, i.e. in iTunes Preferences, General/Notifications, both "When song changes" and "Keep all song changes in Notification Center" are checked. In OS X Notifications, iTunes' alert style is Banners, and all four options are checked.

The previously "normal" behavior was that the OS X notification area showed all of my song changes. However, a few months ago (tied to an upgrade, I'm sure, but I don't know which one, and whether it was OS X or iTunes), the behavior changed to only a single song notification that is continuously overwritten. In other words, the notification area shows the most recent song, but only the most recent song.

When Notifications were first added to OS X, the OS X Notification preferences had a dropdown on iTunes where you could specify how many song changes to keep. That is now gone.

So, my question is, does iTunes now only allow a single song change notification, or is this a bug, or is there some other setting I haven't found?

Thanks!

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on

Page content loaded

There are no replies.
User profile for user: vr8ce

Question: Only getting one song in Notifications