Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra Compatibility with 2013 iMac Hardware

Hi, I am thinking of upgrading to High Sierra, but have read some threads about poor performance, especially with nVidia GPUs. I thought I would check to see if anyone using my model of iMac has had any issues.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Thanks!

Ed

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 4:50 PM

I am hoping to have someone else with similar hardware to confirm High Sierra is running well on their iMac.

I have that same exact model iMac and HS is running fine on it. 8 GB is more than adequate.

The point is that people have all sorts of configurations. No two Macs remain the same after they leave the factory, but if you truly mean hardware compatibility, then you have no reason for concern.

If you are using Time Machine to back up to an Apple AirPort Time Capsule then you're all set. You can always restore your iMac from that backup.

Temporarily de-select "Back up automatically" to obviate the very unlikely possibility that upgrading to HS results in a Time Machine backup so enormous that it needs to reclaim all the Time Capsule's available space, leaving you with no Sierra system to restore.

Just be sure to re-select it eventually.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2017 4:50 PM in response to SantaCrnz

I am hoping to have someone else with similar hardware to confirm High Sierra is running well on their iMac.

I have that same exact model iMac and HS is running fine on it. 8 GB is more than adequate.

The point is that people have all sorts of configurations. No two Macs remain the same after they leave the factory, but if you truly mean hardware compatibility, then you have no reason for concern.

If you are using Time Machine to back up to an Apple AirPort Time Capsule then you're all set. You can always restore your iMac from that backup.

Temporarily de-select "Back up automatically" to obviate the very unlikely possibility that upgrading to HS results in a Time Machine backup so enormous that it needs to reclaim all the Time Capsule's available space, leaving you with no Sierra system to restore.

Just be sure to re-select it eventually.

High Sierra Compatibility with 2013 iMac Hardware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.