Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iMovie Theater music

Hello guys!

I have a question, I do like the templates in iMovie of Theater.

But I don't really like the background music what they provided, is there any possible to change the background music to mine? Because when I click those templates it came all set, there is no option to edit Music.

Thank you

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.1

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Hi, Allen,

If by "templates" you mean the themes that you can add to your iMovie projects, there won't be any background music once you place the theme in your project. You can go to the jingles in the Sound Effects menu to add back the sample music. Otherwise, you are free to add whatever music you want.

-- Rich

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 1:26 PM in response to allen1997831 In response to allen1997831

After you exit your trailer project, go to the Projects browser screen and click on the little circle next to the trailer's name. A drop down menu will give you the option to convert to movie. Then the soundtrack can be changed just like in any movie project. Note: Once you convert to movie you can't go back to your trailer again. So if you want to preserve your trailer as a trailer, first duplicate it and then convert the duplicate to a movie.

-- Rich

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Apple Recommended

Nov 15, 2017 12:24 PM in response to allen1997831 In response to allen1997831

Hi, Allen,

If by "templates" you mean the themes that you can add to your iMovie projects, there won't be any background music once you place the theme in your project. You can go to the jingles in the Sound Effects menu to add back the sample music. Otherwise, you are free to add whatever music you want.

-- Rich

Nov 15, 2017 12:24 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 12:57 PM in response to allen1997831 In response to allen1997831

Hi Rich!

Thanks, I meant the projects and you want to create ur own trailer.

those templates of Trailer really good, but I would like to change background mucis, it’s impossible right?

Nov 15, 2017 12:57 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 1:26 PM in response to allen1997831 In response to allen1997831

After you exit your trailer project, go to the Projects browser screen and click on the little circle next to the trailer's name. A drop down menu will give you the option to convert to movie. Then the soundtrack can be changed just like in any movie project. Note: Once you convert to movie you can't go back to your trailer again. So if you want to preserve your trailer as a trailer, first duplicate it and then convert the duplicate to a movie.

-- Rich

Nov 15, 2017 1:26 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Nov 15, 2017 1:33 PM in response to Rich839 In response to Rich839

I can't see it lol, am using iPad right now.

But I was thinking if I finish editing my trailer video then just export the project as a video, then create another projects mute the original background song then add what I want then export it again?

Thank u btw

Nov 15, 2017 1:33 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 2:40 PM in response to allen1997831 In response to allen1997831

Sure, you can do that . . . but it involves a lot of steps. It's so much easier just to convert it to a movie, and then you will have a project that looks like this:

User uploaded file

Then all you need to do is delete out the sound track and substitute the one you want.

-- Rich

Nov 15, 2017 2:40 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: allen1997831

Question: iMovie Theater music