Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to adjust table column width in notes

How do you adjust the width or height of a cell for a table in Notes? The default seems to be equal widths for columns and varying depending on size of content for rows. If there is not a way to do this yet, it needs to be implemented ASAP. It's a basic function when using tables to format/organize content.

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2018 5:11 PM

This doesn't really answer the question of how to customize a specific column to the size you want. For example, I copied a table into notes. The cells have a lot of text, and the length of the columns causes me to have to scroll. I want to shrink the column sizes so that everything is visible on the screen. How do I do that?

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2018 5:11 PM in response to tygb

This doesn't really answer the question of how to customize a specific column to the size you want. For example, I copied a table into notes. The cells have a lot of text, and the length of the columns causes me to have to scroll. I want to shrink the column sizes so that everything is visible on the screen. How do I do that?

User uploaded file

Nov 16, 2017 8:38 AM in response to swtchai

Open iCloud notes section in application notes .

Click on add table icon .

User uploaded file

You can type some sentences in the cell and click on enter key , this way height of individual column will increase .

User uploaded file

Click on the icon shown with red arrow .

User uploaded file

Again click on drop down arrow .

User uploaded file

Can add column before or after to increase the width .

User uploaded file

Note : For individual row in a column the size ( dimensions in the form of width and height ) of it remains constant .

how to adjust table column width in notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.