Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Return of "iCloud music library couldn't be enabled on iPhone X"

I've had this problem on other models, but usually resolved after a few tries.

I set up my X as a new iPhone, and am on latest OS.

I go to settings to turn on iCloud music library and after a few minutes, I get the error. Over and over.

I have tried hard restarts and signing out of iCloud and back in.

Can't use Apple Music. Very frustrating.

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2017 2:33 AM

I have this problem too, I am under ios 11.2 and it is still there. I tried everything I found in the communities, like restarting, hard reset, log out an in back from itunes, reset all network parameters, restore phone from itunes backup.... all that did not fix the problem... Do we need to wait for Apple to release an new version of Apple Music?

I do not have the same problem on the ipad or previously on my iphone 6s, there i can enable cloud library and then my playlists will oad normally

in the meantime Apple still cashes my Apple music subscription...

I have Iphone X with ios 11.2.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2017 2:33 AM in response to morren

I have this problem too, I am under ios 11.2 and it is still there. I tried everything I found in the communities, like restarting, hard reset, log out an in back from itunes, reset all network parameters, restore phone from itunes backup.... all that did not fix the problem... Do we need to wait for Apple to release an new version of Apple Music?

I do not have the same problem on the ipad or previously on my iphone 6s, there i can enable cloud library and then my playlists will oad normally

in the meantime Apple still cashes my Apple music subscription...

I have Iphone X with ios 11.2.

Dec 23, 2017 5:08 AM in response to liv0123

Had this problem for a week since updating my iphone 8 to 11..2

Things that have not worked:
Waiting and trying to enable iCloud Music again

Restarting the device

Signing out and back in

Full restore to site settings

Repeating all the above at least twice

Things that have worked:
Apple Billing my account for Apple Music

My daughters iPhone 8 which she has not updated

My iPad which is not updated

I update for security - but I have a hard time convincing others this is important when things like this happen

Return of "iCloud music library couldn't be enabled on iPhone X"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.