Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 8 bluetooth issues

please note that since i bought the iphone 8 plus the bluetooth has been terrible till now i had an iphone 7 and it was perfect. seems that apple are loosing their quality through time with newer products. my problems are as follows:

- constantly from time to time disconnecting and reconnecting bluetooth devices by itself speciallyif two devices are connected to it at ones.

- the even worse part is that the bluetooth range became terrible. as am not able to to make a decent phone call or hear any audio clearly without keeping the phone with less than a meter range and direct line of site.

i never faced such issues with my ipohne 7 and supprisingly the iphone 8 has bluetooth 5.0 which should at least perform either similar or better than the previous versions.

please help as i can see aloooot of people having similar complains within the apple community and other blogs

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.1, ios 11.1.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2017 12:27 PM

Since getting my iPhone 8 plus my Bluetooth connection in my Mazda CX-5 disconnects then reconnects iPhone and audio, imports contacts, is OK for about 30 seconds and then starts the process all over again. Even happens when in the middle of a call.

I have disconnected and removed Bluetooth manually on the car and iPhone and reinstalled/paired both multiple times, I have also had Mazda update to the latest in-car software. Same thing.

My Bluetooth worked perfectly with my iPhone 6s. I really need this to work again.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2017 12:27 PM in response to mohammed.am.sh

Since getting my iPhone 8 plus my Bluetooth connection in my Mazda CX-5 disconnects then reconnects iPhone and audio, imports contacts, is OK for about 30 seconds and then starts the process all over again. Even happens when in the middle of a call.

I have disconnected and removed Bluetooth manually on the car and iPhone and reinstalled/paired both multiple times, I have also had Mazda update to the latest in-car software. Same thing.

My Bluetooth worked perfectly with my iPhone 6s. I really need this to work again.

Nov 21, 2017 12:52 PM in response to PhilC50

the best option is to actually report it to the apple support team and let them note it with an apple genius. cause the issue is that this problem has been since iphone 8 came out and apple didn't even address it or fix it. which is very reckless of them so i advice every one to go to an apple store and address the issue. so maybe they will stop being reckless and actually do something about it

Nov 22, 2017 7:28 AM in response to PhilC50

Well, I contacted Apple Support and they told me to try something that actually appears to have fixed it, at least for me.

They had remove any connection and pairing from my iPhone and from my Mazda.

I renamed my iPhone (Settings\General\About\Name) removing any spaces and special characters except the underscore_.

I re-paired with my car using the new iPhone name.

No disconnections so far!!

Nov 28, 2017 11:31 AM in response to PhilC50

Well, I contacted Apple Support and they told me to try something that actually appears to have fixed it, at least for me.

They had remove any connection and pairing from my iPhone and from my Mazda.

I renamed my iPhone (Settings\General\About\Name) removing any spaces and special characters except the underscore_.

I re-paired with my car using the new iPhone name.

No disconnections so far!!

Iphone 8 bluetooth issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.