Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export from album not in correct order

Until a month ago I have used Aperture to manage my photos. I migrated the library to Photos.

My usual way of work when I have a new collection of photos from an event is importing the photos in an album (used Projects in Aperture, but an album in Photos will do), then select the best photos and arrange them in a new album (e.g. top 100 photos of the event). Then I export the photos in this album for sharing (e.g. share via iTunes with an iPad or share on dropbox).

Now this is not working anymore in Photos. The reason is that Photos exports the photos in more or less random order. When you then synchronize the folder to iPad via iTunes, or browse the photos in dropbox, they appear in the random order that export had chosen. This is definitely not desired, I want them displayed exactly in the order they appeared in the album (which is chronological order for many events).

Mac mini (Late 2012), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 12:08 PM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2017 12:27 PM in response to peterdevaal

I have a correction for this issue: The export to dropbox does not have the problem. Dropbox displays the photos in the correct order. It is specifically the case with an iTunes synced folder on an iOS device. It seems that iOS uses the creation timestamp of the file to order the photos, not the name of the file or the timestamp of the photo (info is present in the JPG image), and Photos does not give the possibility to choose how to order the photos.

Export from album not in correct order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.