Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Apple asking to verify my CC, password, security questions..

Apple asking to verify my CC, password, and security questions..out of theblue for no reason. I was not trying to buy anything. On my iPhone got a notice that my Apple ID is locked and answer security questions to unlock, I did that. then I had to enter my 3 digit CC code to verify it was me. I did that. All seemed good. My iMessages on my iPad and MacBook did not contain my phone number and the phone number was not even listed as option. I had to sign out of all devices both iCloud and iMessage. then start with my iPhone then do the others. Its just a pain.

I called to see if they thought I was being hacked and shut down my Apple ID out of caution but they did not. This happened 6 months ago as well and I changed my password to be safe.

Any idea why Apple does this out of the blue?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 15, 2017 1:57 PM in response to macuserliam In response to macuserliam

No, I don't think so. Apple does not use emails to ask for your information. Not sure what makes you so sure it's from Apple. How did you get it - email or a Safari pop-up? Look for the return email address. It will be funky.

Nov 15, 2017 1:57 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 15, 2017 2:01 PM in response to Kappy In response to Kappy

It was NOT an email I got but a POP up on my phone, and no apps were open at the time.

Apple confirmed for me they do this some time. I have auto update app on in background and they say that could of triggered a security check.

Nov 15, 2017 2:01 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: macuserliam

Question: Apple asking to verify my CC, password, security questions..