Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

really should use iPhone SE screen protector?

hello

i am using iPhone SE and enjoy second by second to use my beautiful iPhone SE,

i use on tempered screen protector and use my phone naked and never use any case.

my question is this:

really manufactured by what material screen of iPhone SE?

, used gorilla glass?

, what version of gorilla glass?

really i should use screen protector?

i dont want to watch video of test etc. , i want an clear and real description about iPhone SE screen display.

i use carefully my phone and put inside my pocket

i am an UI UX web designer and love my iPhone so much🙂

Apple's product really really really created based completely on principles of UX 😍

best regards

iPhone SE, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 12:16 AM

Apple has never stated that any recent iPhone uses Gorilla Glass, which is a trademark of Corning Glass Works. That doesn't mean that the glass is either stronger or weaker than Gorilla glass, just that it probably isn't Gorilla Glass, or they would say if it was. I've never used a screen protector on any iPhone in 10 years. And I've never scratched or broken one. You should never carry any smartphone loose in a pocket; use either a slip case or a belt holster. Cases with a flip over flap are not a good choice, as he flap can cover the noise cancellation mic on the back when it is flipped open.

As with many things in life, there is a tradeoff in glass between hardness (scratch resistance) and frangibility (fracture resistance). You can't have both, so most manufacturers choose a compromise in between. A screen protector will prevent scratches to the phone's screen by providing a scratchable (and replaceable) overlay, but it won't make it any less likely that the screen will break if you drop the phone. To reduce the chance of it breaking on a drop, a rubber bumper case will help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2017 12:16 AM in response to hrmoridi

Apple has never stated that any recent iPhone uses Gorilla Glass, which is a trademark of Corning Glass Works. That doesn't mean that the glass is either stronger or weaker than Gorilla glass, just that it probably isn't Gorilla Glass, or they would say if it was. I've never used a screen protector on any iPhone in 10 years. And I've never scratched or broken one. You should never carry any smartphone loose in a pocket; use either a slip case or a belt holster. Cases with a flip over flap are not a good choice, as he flap can cover the noise cancellation mic on the back when it is flipped open.

As with many things in life, there is a tradeoff in glass between hardness (scratch resistance) and frangibility (fracture resistance). You can't have both, so most manufacturers choose a compromise in between. A screen protector will prevent scratches to the phone's screen by providing a scratchable (and replaceable) overlay, but it won't make it any less likely that the screen will break if you drop the phone. To reduce the chance of it breaking on a drop, a rubber bumper case will help.

really should use iPhone SE screen protector?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.