Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud for folders such as Logic Audio files

Is there a way of setting only certain folders to of course update to iCloud but still keeping this folder available locally on the computer. I noticed this need when I wanted to open one of my older Logic Audio file which informed me that some wave files associated with the entire song are missing but only to find that its still downloading those wave files from the iCloud in the background which took a long time without even showing a progress bar.

Remember iCloud does not function like dropbox but it totally removes the file to iCloud, what we only see is Alias (link).

My suggested way will exactly function like dropbox but only for certain selected folders. This is only a way of telling high Sierra to only do this only on selected folders such as Logic Audio files.

My question is: is this possible to do?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, OS X Mavericks (10.9), IOS 7.0.4

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 1:46 PM

1 reply

Nov 15, 2017 7:50 PM in response to Mecdot

Remember iCloud does not function like dropbox but it totally removes the file to iCloud, what we only see is Alias (link).

That's not really how iCloud Drive works in macOS. You have no ability to specify which files are moved off your Mac and which stay. The algorithm for this ("recent" and "older") is not configurable by the user.

User uploaded file

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

iCloud for folders such as Logic Audio files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.