Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon iP6700D no longer supported

I am running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 on my 2011 iMac.

My Canon iP6700D was working fine (I printed an A4 colour photograph on Saturday).

Today it says that "The printer is not connected", but it is (via a USB cable).

Imagine my surprise (and annoyance) on finding out that Canon have not supported my printer since El Capitan.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 1:58 PM

7 replies

Nov 15, 2017 2:04 PM in response to Tony Furniss

Not sure what else we can offer if Canon does not support this printer for macOS Sierra+.

However, some things you can try, if you haven't already:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the printer via System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
  2. Try another USB cable and/or USB port on your iMac.
  3. Try resetting the Mac's printing system.

Reset the printing system - Apple Support

Nov 24, 2017 1:39 AM in response to Eric Root

I managed to get it to work by following these instructions.

http://www.andrewbrettwatson.com/index.php/mac/202-how-to-install-your-canon-pri nter-on-apple-os-x-mountain-lion

The last driver that Canon produced for my iP6700D was for Mountain Lion 10.8, yet it works under Sierra 10.12.6.

Working up my courage to install High Sierra.

Thanks.

Tony

Nov 25, 2017 1:50 AM in response to Tony Furniss

A reply from Canon.

Thank you for this unofficial link, I’m glad it worked for you but officially we cannot advise customers of these non Canon links, on a personal level it is interesting, I’m not sure you will be able to use it on 10.13 as the printing systems is more geared to the airprint system and not manufacturers drivers.

I will be much more careful upgrading in future if I have to replace my 2 printers.

Always read the small print.

Tony

Canon iP6700D no longer supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.