Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.
I understand that you aren't receiving notifications from the Apple News app, as well as other third-party news apps. It's important to make sure that you can get all of your notifications for news, so I'm happy to provide some support.
I suggest trying the steps in this support article: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch , specifically:
If you don't see notifications for a specific app
To get notifications, connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you don't get notifications for a specific app, try these steps:
- Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on.
- If you have notifications turned on for an app but you're not receiving alerts, you might have Banners turned off. Go to Settings > Notifications, turn on Show as Banners and choose a type of banner that you want to see.
- Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores and enter your Apple ID and password.
- Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and turn it off. Or swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center and tap .
- If you’ve recently installed an app or restored from a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.
Let me know if you have any questions.