Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving notifications from the Apple news app

I’ve turned on notifications for BBC, Sky, The Sun, Daily Mail, & News Top stories but am only getting notifications from The Sun, and even those are not breaking news. I’ve got the Sky News app so I can still get notifications through that but I’d like to only have to use the Apple News app. I’m also getting the notification that The Daily Mail channel isnt available in my region despite living in England. Any advice on what to do?

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 2:36 PM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2017 11:24 AM in response to Tefuller88

Hey there, Tefuller88!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you aren't receiving notifications from the Apple News app, as well as other third-party news apps. It's important to make sure that you can get all of your notifications for news, so I'm happy to provide some support.

I suggest trying the steps in this support article: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch , specifically:

If you don't see notifications for a specific app

To get notifications, connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you don't get notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on.
  2. If you have notifications turned on for an app but you're not receiving alerts, you might have Banners turned off. Go to Settings > Notifications, turn on Show as Banners and choose a type of banner that you want to see.
  3. Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores and enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and turn it off. Or swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open Control Center and tap User uploaded file.
  5. If you’ve recently installed an app or restored from a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers.

Not receiving notifications from the Apple news app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.