Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my phone wont let me send messages unless its an imeassage

iPhone 6sPlus

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 9:55 AM

If that is the message that you were having with your sister, it is currently an iMesage, that is why the text bubbles are blue. If she is using iMessage and you do not wish to use it, you are going to have to delete that message thread, since it is recognizing that she is an iMessage user. If she has iMessage activated and connected to the internet, then your phone will attempt to send an iMessage, hence your receiving the error. Besides turning off iMessage, you are going to have to delete that thread, and any thread you have with other iOS users to be able to use SMS, and make sure your account at the cellular carrier is provisioned for SMS/MMS.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2017 9:55 AM in response to ShilohMemphis

If that is the message that you were having with your sister, it is currently an iMesage, that is why the text bubbles are blue. If she is using iMessage and you do not wish to use it, you are going to have to delete that message thread, since it is recognizing that she is an iMessage user. If she has iMessage activated and connected to the internet, then your phone will attempt to send an iMessage, hence your receiving the error. Besides turning off iMessage, you are going to have to delete that thread, and any thread you have with other iOS users to be able to use SMS, and make sure your account at the cellular carrier is provisioned for SMS/MMS.

my phone wont let me send messages unless its an imeassage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.