Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: itunes wont recognize apple tv 4th generation

my 4th generation apple tv kept flashing the apple logo on the tv screen like it was restarting. was unresponsive to remote control.

I tried to restore by connecting to itunes on 3 different apple computers and itunes wont recognize the device. the device icon wont show in the tool bar or system pref.

So, what do I do now?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

I had this problem too. I tried something that worked.

With the power and USB-C plugged in, I held down the menu and display buttons until the Apple TV blinked like crazy. After that I held down the menu and play button until it blinked like crazy. Voilá... iTunes suddenly recognized the Apple TV and I could restore it 😀

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 15, 2017 3:34 PM in response to alec191 In response to alec191

You need to do a restore via iTunes

Make sure you are following the steps exactly (disconnect all cables, connect USB C cable, reconnect power). Try a different cable, make sure it is capable of data transfer and if bundled with another device it may only be designed to work with that device

Nov 15, 2017 3:34 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Nov 22, 2017 7:52 PM in response to alec191 In response to alec191

I had this problem too. I tried something that worked.

With the power and USB-C plugged in, I held down the menu and display buttons until the Apple TV blinked like crazy. After that I held down the menu and play button until it blinked like crazy. Voilá... iTunes suddenly recognized the Apple TV and I could restore it 😀

Nov 22, 2017 7:52 PM

Reply Helpful (6)

Nov 22, 2017 7:56 PM in response to Sirmania In response to Sirmania

Holy crap it worked. I had to hold the menu+play buttons first. Wait for the Apple TV to blink rapidly then held the menu+display and the recovery mode menu opened on iTunes. Thank you so much. I don’t think apple even knows this.

They wanted me to send it in and pay 140$ to fix it. New ones are 160$.

Thanks again I award you 1000 points

Nov 22, 2017 7:56 PM

Reply Helpful (3)
User profile for user: alec191

Question: itunes wont recognize apple tv 4th generation