Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes wont recognize apple tv 4th generation

my 4th generation apple tv kept flashing the apple logo on the tv screen like it was restarting. was unresponsive to remote control.

I tried to restore by connecting to itunes on 3 different apple computers and itunes wont recognize the device. the device icon wont show in the tool bar or system pref.

So, what do I do now?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2017 7:52 PM

I had this problem too. I tried something that worked.

With the power and USB-C plugged in, I held down the menu and display buttons until the Apple TV blinked like crazy. After that I held down the menu and play button until it blinked like crazy. Voilá... iTunes suddenly recognized the Apple TV and I could restore it 😀

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2017 7:52 PM in response to alec191

I had this problem too. I tried something that worked.

With the power and USB-C plugged in, I held down the menu and display buttons until the Apple TV blinked like crazy. After that I held down the menu and play button until it blinked like crazy. Voilá... iTunes suddenly recognized the Apple TV and I could restore it 😀

Nov 22, 2017 7:56 PM in response to Sirmania

Holy crap it worked. I had to hold the menu+play buttons first. Wait for the Apple TV to blink rapidly then held the menu+display and the recovery mode menu opened on iTunes. Thank you so much. I don’t think apple even knows this.

They wanted me to send it in and pay 140$ to fix it. New ones are 160$.

Thanks again I award you 1000 points

itunes wont recognize apple tv 4th generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.