Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find a track in an earlier version?

I'm finally on Logic X and I am totally confused about project management. There seems to be a very different workflow. For 25 years I have worked in Pro Tools and Logic and its early versions. Typically after making a big change to a project I make a "save As" that I can easily retrieve if I want to go back, and there are auto backups. Last night I seemed to have lost a track. How do I find the track in an earlier version? What would be the workflow now to get back to earlier "saved as" and auto backups?

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 3:06 PM

2 replies

Nov 15, 2017 6:21 PM in response to Lee Scott2

I reply not to give you ideas on project management but to agree that LP X is the most unintuitive version to date. I too have used earlier versions of Logic along with FCP and iMovie for many years and suffered the frustrations of dumbed down interfaces and work flows that defy logic, (to coin a phrase). These applications are my bread and butter and there is no doubt that earlier versions of Logic and the other above mentioned apps, have proved their worth.

I was once told that old dogs must learn new tricks but why waste time learning new tricks when the old tricks are better and more productive than the new ones.

OK for some one learning Logic for the first time with LPX but I had heard of a user of LPX who tried LP9 and stayed with it.

Sorry you had to spend the money on LPX. My version was a gift but ended up back in the wrapping paper.

How do I find a track in an earlier version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.