Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

During trimming I somehow deleted the whole voice record.

I deleted a voice recording when trimming it. I had previously saved it. How to get it back?

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 3:16 PM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2017 11:44 AM in response to carole142

Hi Carole,

It sounds like you accidentally deleted a Voice Memo while trying to trim it. I want to help you with managing your Voice Memos.

If you had a Voice Memo saved for a longer period of time, it's possible that it was included in a backup you've previously created.
You can try to restore a backup if you've had one. The backup would have to have been created after your Voice Memo was created, but before you deleted the Voice Memo.

Check out these articles for help with locating and restoring a backup:
Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Keep in mind, if you restore a backup, and data that's been created since that backup was done will be lost. Any text messages or new Voice Memos for example. It might be a good idea to create a backup of what's currently on your iPhone before following the steps above if you're concerned about losing the data created since that date.
Here's how to create a backup:
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Let me know if that solves this concern for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

During trimming I somehow deleted the whole voice record.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.