Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad could not be activated because activation server cannot be reached

iPad Air 64GB (Wifi Only), this iPad is 100% normally before . but, after I do resetting all content and setting, now this iPad cannot be activated .

I try to restore using iTunes for several times but the iTunes show the same error message .

User uploaded file

Help please 😟

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 9:11 AM

5 possible causes for that error message:

1] Activation server is actually down. Very rare occurrence, and of short duration when it

does happen. Solution - try again.

2] Your firewall and/or antivirus software are preventing the necessary connection. Solution -

temporarily disable your firewall and/or antivirus software until the activation completes.

3] computer being used for activation has been used to jailbreak an iOS device in the past.

Solution - use a different computer.

4] iPad has been jailbroken. Your favorite search engine may provide some direction, but jailbreaks often prevent

activations/updates from succeeding. Per Terms of Use for this forum, discussion of jailbroken iPads is

prohibited.

5] your region and/or timezone settings are inconsistent with your actual location. Solution - set region and/or timezone correctly.

You should also check this article: If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201407

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2017 9:11 AM in response to witcuwit

5 possible causes for that error message:

1] Activation server is actually down. Very rare occurrence, and of short duration when it

does happen. Solution - try again.

2] Your firewall and/or antivirus software are preventing the necessary connection. Solution -

temporarily disable your firewall and/or antivirus software until the activation completes.

3] computer being used for activation has been used to jailbreak an iOS device in the past.

Solution - use a different computer.

4] iPad has been jailbroken. Your favorite search engine may provide some direction, but jailbreaks often prevent

activations/updates from succeeding. Per Terms of Use for this forum, discussion of jailbroken iPads is

prohibited.

5] your region and/or timezone settings are inconsistent with your actual location. Solution - set region and/or timezone correctly.

You should also check this article: If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201407

Nov 22, 2017 2:46 AM in response to imobl

Hi, iMobl thanks for your answer .

I'm sorry but I never jailbroken my iPad before .

I have this iPad from my Big Brother from last 2 month, running on iOS 10.3.3

I do reset content and setting but it's fine . So I Sign in to my iCloud Then I update this iPad to iOS 11 .

Just for a month, I do reset all content & setting again but stuck on this case .

I Can't use my iPad anymore .

Any solution ?

iPad could not be activated because activation server cannot be reached

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.