Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can you download all photos from the icloud down to the photo app on my mac mini?

how can you download all photos from the icloud down to the photo app on my mac mini?

the title says it all. the photos app has always been the biggest diappointment when it comes to apple in my eyes, and there has never been anything done to make it better. the fact i cannot see or link my photos app to my icloud is very disappointing.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), iweb, mobileme, komodo, publishing

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 6:06 PM

5 replies

Nov 16, 2017 3:48 AM in response to dbnumberiv

The easiest way to download all photos from the iCloud Photo Library to your Mac is to enable iCloud Photo Library on a Mac. all photos will download from iCloud to your Mac. But first, all photos from the Mac's Photos Library will upload to iCloud as well. If your current Photos Library on your Mac is large, it will be better to create an additional, empty Photos Library on your Mac and enable this library as your iCloud Photo Library. The photos from iCloud will download to this second library. You can use File > Export to export them to a folder on your Mac and then import them to your main library.

See this help file: Create additional libraries

and also: Use iCloud Photo Library to store photos - Apple Support

Nov 15, 2017 8:06 PM in response to dbnumberiv

1 - try providing details and ask questions - editorials and longe, ulesss statements of how you feel do not give us information need to help you

2 - while your question is not clear the most likely answer is to create a new library, sesignate it as the system library and log into iCloud Photo Library - over time all photos will download to thie library

LN

Nov 16, 2017 3:20 AM in response to LarryHN

It is as simple as I stated. I want all my iCloud photos to be physically stored on my Mac mini. Apple is good about having everything sent to the cloud but not as clear as to bring them back down off the cloud.

Yes you can go to iCloud and download them individually to your download folder and then move them into photos. However this is impossible task when you want to move 5200 photos.

Nov 16, 2017 5:13 AM in response to léonie

my photos have been duplicated so many times that there are 5200 on my icloud and 4800 on my mac mini. looking through them i can see a lot of duplicates thanks to icloud and iphoto doing something goofy.

unfortunately i cannot do that option. i think my best option is to delete the photos on one of them and then i should i be good. since there is not a select all button in icloud i will need to so this in my photos app. i better back it up first.

Nov 16, 2017 10:45 AM in response to dbnumberiv

my photos have been duplicated so many times that there are 5200 on my icloud and 4800 on my mac mini. looking through them i can see a lot of duplicates thanks to icloud and iphoto doing something goofy.

A common reason for iCloud creating duplicates would be to have My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Library enabled at the same time. This will typically result in duplicates in different pixel sizes. If My Photo stream should be the problem, turn it off. And when deleting duplicates, do it on the Mac, where you can see the pixel size, so you will keep the larger version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.