Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Spacing after letter "I "

This just started - if using Outlook for Mac, or Mac Text edit, whenever I type the letter "I " it double spaces just as it appears here in this post. Can anyone assist?

Thank you.. I appreciate it

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 4 TBT3), iOS 10.3.2

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 20, 2017 1:01 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1 In response to Luis Sequeira1

I was having the same problem. Type I and get I (extra spaces) on my MacBook Pro. I went into system preferences as suggested and found the workaround for the IOS problem in my preferences. It had a text substitution of I for I. I deleted that and the problem was resolved. I am guessing iCloud synced my keyboard preference, since I am sure I didn't add it to the MacBook myself.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 6:35 AM in response to robert hogan3 In response to robert hogan3

I am not talking about the iPhone issue where the "I " shows up as a question mark with a box around it. I am talking about typing on my MacBook.

Nov 16, 2017 6:35 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 20, 2017 1:01 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1 In response to Luis Sequeira1

I was having the same problem. Type I and get I (extra spaces) on my MacBook Pro. I went into system preferences as suggested and found the workaround for the IOS problem in my preferences. It had a text substitution of I for I. I deleted that and the problem was resolved. I am guessing iCloud synced my keyboard preference, since I am sure I didn't add it to the MacBook myself.

Dec 20, 2017 1:01 PM

Reply Helpful (7)
User profile for user: robert hogan3

Question: Spacing after letter "I "