Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a simple way to download an iPhone X Amoji direct to photos

Is there a simple way to download an iPhone XAmoji direct to photos ... there must be an easier way than messaging yourself and then using Airdrop, surely?

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 6:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 12:22 PM

Hey media_lush!

Thanks for reaching out about this, and great question. There is a simpler way to save Animojis, just check this out:

Save an Animoji

Want to save an Animoji you create or receive? In the message thread, press deeply on the Animoji, swipe up, and tap Save. If you have an iPhone 6 or earlier, iPad, or iPod touch, touch and hold the Animoji, then tap Save.

You can also tap the Animoji in the message thread to bring it up in full screen, then tap User uploaded file, and tap Save Video.

You can find Animoji that you save in the Photos app on your iOS device.

Use Animoji on your iPhone X - Apple Support

Using that method, you can save Animjois directly without needing to AirDrop it to yourself. I hope it helps you to better utilize this feature.

Cheers!
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2017 12:22 PM in response to media_lush

Hey media_lush!

Thanks for reaching out about this, and great question. There is a simpler way to save Animojis, just check this out:

Save an Animoji

Want to save an Animoji you create or receive? In the message thread, press deeply on the Animoji, swipe up, and tap Save. If you have an iPhone 6 or earlier, iPad, or iPod touch, touch and hold the Animoji, then tap Save.

You can also tap the Animoji in the message thread to bring it up in full screen, then tap User uploaded file, and tap Save Video.

You can find Animoji that you save in the Photos app on your iOS device.

Use Animoji on your iPhone X - Apple Support

Using that method, you can save Animjois directly without needing to AirDrop it to yourself. I hope it helps you to better utilize this feature.

Cheers!

Nov 28, 2017 1:12 PM in response to CarlAVII

I posted this question before but I didn't make an important aspect of it clear enough and that's this part in bold:

....Is there a simple way to download an iPhone X Amoji direct to photos without sending it as a message?

I initially marked this question as "solved" as the answer I got was for an animoji message that was already sent [by me to myself] which does allow you to save it to photos or use Airdrop by pressing hard on it and using the pop window. No, the thing I actually wanted to do was to save an animoji video without having to send it as a message and that doesn't seem possible.

In fact I visited an Apple store and this stumped every employee too, including the "genius's". They were surprised they couldn't do it. Unless they and I are missing something here I feel this has to be addressed in an iOs update.

Why is this such a big deal you ask? Well if you show this trick to friends etc they want to have a copy and the only way you can do that is to send it to them - no problem if you're on Wifi but a chunk of your MMS budget if you're not. I've already surpassed my limit and am paying to demonstrate this cool trick. Next month I'm going to Prague to meet up with a whole bunch of uni buddies and can imagine a small fortune in drunken amojis being sent.

This seems such a glaring oversight by Apple [all the store employees agreed as well]... unless there's someone here who can figure it out...here's the link

Is there a simple way to download an iPhone X Amoji direct to photos without sending it as a message?

Nov 21, 2017 10:51 AM in response to CarlAVII

I only got around to trying this as I assumed it would work but when I swipe up the animoji just parks itself in the message thread as a moving image... if I hold down on it hard no save option appears. have tried variations on doing this but nothing is different... can you confirm this with an iPhone X or possibly create a video showing this [couldn't find one out there]./

TIA

Is there a simple way to download an iPhone X Amoji direct to photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.