Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Links Won't Open Since High Sierra Upgrade

Since I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.1 on my Macbook Pro a couple of days ago, Mail won't open a link when I click on it. No other apps are affected, and I can copy a link from Mail and open it in a browser with no problem.

Can anyone please advise?

TIA.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), Mail version 11.1 (3445.4.7)

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2017 10:13 PM

I had some other issues after High Sierra, so I fixed it by shutting down. Still email link problem remained. I switched off power this time and left it for 30 sec. Then switched on to log-in. I can open a link in my email. Crossing my fingers I wont have problems again.

8 replies

Jan 23, 2018 3:14 PM in response to ayshazen

I just had this happen to me in 2018. I switched to the Opera browser (sorry Apple 🙈 ) Suddenly, today, links wouldn't open. I read some comments here and tried something else. In my case, when I clicked on a link in an email, the Opera red O would popup in the dock and then immediately go away and nothing happened.

I use MacClean to keep my system less messy ( I know they say you don't need these, but I think it helps). I ran MacClean and told it to clear out all the system junk (about 700mb). It did and he problem was solved.

Mail Links Won't Open Since High Sierra Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.