Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't download my music from the cloud in my iTunes library.

When I open my iTunes library most of my albums and songs have a pale cloud underneath them that I cannot click on, so I can't play them. Some are my own CD's that I have put on myself and some are purchased. I have only encountered this problem since Apple music came along. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

iMac, Operating system 10.10.1

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2017 11:47 PM

Hi,

Go to preferences and make sure that iCloud Music Library is checked.

If it is checked, try signing out of iTunes, close iTunes then reopen. Make sure that Apple Music and iCloud Music Library is checked.

Jim

5 replies

Nov 25, 2017 11:47 PM in response to marceleyg

Hi,

marceleyg wrote:

Hi Jim,

The iCloud status says "waiting". I have done File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library and nothing changed. I'm confused as to why part of the album is acceptable to iTunes and part is not.

The match/ upload process has not been completed. It would appear that the original copy of the tracks are not in your library and therefore, the process could not be completed. You will need to delete those tracks and then readd them again from your backup.

Jim

I can't download my music from the cloud in my iTunes library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.