Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to bypass Actovation Lock if you cannot remember the Apple ID or Password

On my iPad there is a screen that after it was charged back up it says as follows....

This iPad is linked to an Apple ID. Enter the Apple ID and password that were used to set up this iPad. Then the email I cannot remember is listed.

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 9:33 PM

3 replies

Nov 15, 2017 9:37 PM in response to Terminal57

If you are the original owner, and you are the one that activated it, then use this link to recover your Apple ID. https://iforgot.apple.com If that does not help, then take the original receipt, your identification and the device to a physical Apple store for help.

If this is a second hand, or used iPad, then you have to contact the former owner to remove the lock. There is no way to bypass Activation Lock. If you are not the original owner, Apple will not help.

Nov 15, 2017 9:46 PM in response to Niel

That is true. I didn't think of it as their ID, except in my first paragraph. The second one assumed it was not their ID that was forgotten. The questions wasn't really clear to me, if is was their email or not. I guess it could be interpreted that it is their email, just that they cannot remember it.

Thank you for correcting me.

How to bypass Actovation Lock if you cannot remember the Apple ID or Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.