Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fast Reduced Battery life when monitor connection

Dear Sir or Madam,

Yes I'm I'm has the big problem with my Touch Bar 15 inch 2016 when I'm connected to Monitor / LCD but so fast reduced battery life and can used only 2 or 3 hours only. Please help me to solve this problem and How can I do for my laptop and Monitor connection ?

Great Thanks

Narith

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 10:31 PM

1 reply

Nov 17, 2017 2:51 PM in response to Narith168

Hello Narith,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are experiencing issues with battery life on your MacBook Pro. To help resolve this issue, please follow the relevant steps in this resource on your situation, including these specific steps:

My battery runtime is low

1. Wait until your Mac is finished with initial setup. When you use your Mac for the first time, activities like setting up Mail and Photos, migrating your iCloud content, and indexing your files with Spotlight use more power than your Mac requires in general use. If you have a large amount of data to transfer, it can take several days before your battery life returns to average daily use.
  2. Identify what the battery life should be for the product you're using. The Tech Specs site provides Apple's battery life expectations for battery usage. The specifics for wireless web usage and standby time are included in the Tech Specs article for each product.
  3. Learn how to minimize common causes of battery drain:
  • Optimize your battery life using the Optimizing Battery Life section earlier in this article.
  • Learn how apps can affect Mac battery performance. Some applications—such as browsers, video editing software, and video games—require more power based on how you're using them. Check regularly for updates to your software—it's important to use the latest versions available.
  • Configure automated backup and sync software to run only when your computer is connected to a power source or to pause when your battery level drops below a certain percentage.
  • Check Activity Monitor for any malfunctioning software processes, especially after installing software updates or a new operating system. Installing updates is important to ensure optimal performance for all applications.
  • If you still have battery issues after optimizing your computer's performance and checking for malfunctioning software processes, test in Safe Mode. Safe Mode limits the active items on the system and allows testing in a more minimal environment. If the battery life is better in Safe Mode, you might need to do further software isolation for the items disabled by Safe Mode to determine what the power draw is while not operating in Safe Mode.

About Mac notebook batteries

Cheers!

Fast Reduced Battery life when monitor connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.