Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no Internet service. Can I mirror iPhone to Apple TV?

That’s basically it. I turned off my cable modem service for this apartment, and would like to play music and stream video from my iPhone, for which I have “unlimited“ data, to my Apple TV so I can watch on a decent size screen. Is there any way to do this? I spend most of my time in another city, and don’t want to pay $1000 a year for internet the few weeks I spend in this city. If not, is there such a thing as a lightning to HDMI cable?

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 10:15 PM

7 replies

Nov 16, 2017 9:47 AM in response to Jonathan Hayes

If you have a 3rd gen (REV A) or newer then you can use peer to peer airplay.

However, even though it is unlimited the carrier can choose at any time to throttle once certain thresholds are reached. Also, if you are using Apple TV to stream a lot of high quality content on a regular basis then that would be in violation of their fair usage policy.

Nov 16, 2017 7:02 PM in response to Jonathan Hayes

Thank you. What I found was this: when I purchased an airport express, I was able to create a local network, and airplay my way onto the screen. This let me access material I had stored on my iPhone or computer. However, I wasn’t able to stream for example Netflix since I had switched my signal to the local network I had created, and therefore wasn’t getting my data signal.

I think I should just call it a day, return the router and get a lightning to HDMI adapter. In any case, the video quality was choppy, although the sound using iTunes wasn’t bad.

no Internet service. Can I mirror iPhone to Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.