Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I keep seeing this?

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 15, 2017 11:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 8:45 PM

Apbateman wrote:

Already did that and it still does it. Restarted my phone too, still does it.

You are talking about stuff which other people are sending you, right? They have to update their iphones for that to stop. Nothing you can do about it.

Or are you saying you have updated to 11.1.1 and when YOU type "I" you see that on your screen?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2017 8:45 PM in response to Apbateman

Apbateman wrote:

Already did that and it still does it. Restarted my phone too, still does it.

You are talking about stuff which other people are sending you, right? They have to update their iphones for that to stop. Nothing you can do about it.

Or are you saying you have updated to 11.1.1 and when YOU type "I" you see that on your screen?

Nov 16, 2017 1:50 PM in response to Apbateman

More than likely, the person you are speaking to (it looks like iMessages), has sent you characters that you are unable to view on your iPhone. Sounds super weird, but, it’s like when you are on a PC and you see an emoji. It will show up as a question mark 90% of the time. To fix it I would try doing a factory reset on the phone. If you don’t want to do that then I would contact Apple support.

Good luck!

Why do I keep seeing this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.