Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to receive SMS from the data sim in iPad?

I have an iPad pro having a data SIM. I want to be able to receive SMS messages that are sent to that data SIM.

Currently I can only receive messages sent to my iPhone which is using the same Apple ID and has a different SIM with a different number.

My main problem is that my mobile carrier would send important SMS messages to the number belonging to the data SIM in my iPad (like password reset code, remaining quota, notification about data package renewal, etc). I am unable to read those messages unless I remove the SIM card from the iPad and put it in a phone and even then I can only read the messages received while the SIM is placed in the phone, so the older messages are lost forever.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 1:30 AM

I know I can receive SMS messages from the iPhone on the iPad. But those SMS messages are sent to the number for the SIM in the iPhone not the SIM in the iPad.

How can I receive the messages for the SIM in the iPad?

3 replies

How to receive SMS from the data sim in iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.