Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail: sending a picture with preview or not // OS High Sierra

Hi,

I want to choose each time, if I send a picture with preview or not.

I have different clients who need different handling.

I think, it is not handy at all, if I can't do it in the mail itself.

Is there a possibility to get this possibility back?

Thanks,

Monika

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), iOS 10

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2017 10:23 PM

If you mean an inline attachment, then there has never been (and I imagine never will) be an option to not attach inline.

Regardless, it is up to the recipient's email client how it should display the attachment. The inline directive is only a suggestion to the recipient's email client.

If you want to not set the inline directive, you'll need a different email client or an add-on such as Attachment Tamer or Universal Mailer. I don't know if either works with High Sierra or if they work for the function you need.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2017 10:23 PM in response to Monika Kmo'

If you mean an inline attachment, then there has never been (and I imagine never will) be an option to not attach inline.

Regardless, it is up to the recipient's email client how it should display the attachment. The inline directive is only a suggestion to the recipient's email client.

If you want to not set the inline directive, you'll need a different email client or an add-on such as Attachment Tamer or Universal Mailer. I don't know if either works with High Sierra or if they work for the function you need.

Nov 19, 2017 10:26 PM in response to Barney-15E

When I attach something (for example a PDF) into a mail, it is shown with the first picture of this file.

Before I could klick on this picture and choose "as symbol" than there was only shown the small document-symbol for pdf with out picture.

This was helpful and it seems that this is not possible anymore. Or is there another way to do it?

Thanks,

Monika

Nov 20, 2017 3:25 PM in response to Monika Kmo'

Before I could klick on this picture and choose "as symbol" than there was only shown the small document-symbol for pdf with out picture.

That is currently only possible with images and single-page PDFs (I think).

Whether that was a design decision or a mistake, nobody here knows.

However, that only affected what you saw when composing. It had no effect on how it was encoded and sent.

mail: sending a picture with preview or not // OS High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.