Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Expected battery performance MBP 2017 15"

I just purchased a new MBP 15" w touch bar (2017) converting back to Mac after 6-7 years with Windows. However I am surprised with the battery performance. Apple claims 10 hours on battery; but I bought this version because of my use of Lightroom, Photoshop and possible video in the future. So, I did not expect to get 10 hours, but with approximately 5 hours. However, that did not take place as I get 1:45 running either Lightroom or Photoshop separately. I am sure of even an heavier drain if I run both at the same time. Is this whats really expected on battery? Again, I do realize these are resource heavy applications which is why I purchased this version of MBP. Also, I realize the 2016 version had sever battery problems and even the fix wasn't great which is why I delayed for almost a year. After reading reviews I had the impression the battery life was close to Apple's claim.

Thanks

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 4:30 AM in response to dominic23 In response to dominic23

Dominic

Thanks for the reply. I did want to determine if the period of time I got on the MBP for Lightroom and Photoshop is whats expected and experienced by others. I will also download several movies and watch on the MBP to determine the performance. I have read where people get 10 hours watching movies and surfing the internet. I will check that out if there are still problems I will contact support.

Thanks again

Nov 16, 2017 4:30 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: ejg999

Question: Expected battery performance MBP 2017 15"