Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Keyboard

Shortly the green diode behind the permanent caps key lights up feebly when it is not passed.

When I select permanent caps it lights up bright as usual.

It does not seem to be a software but more a hardware problem.

Problem appeared else where?
Philippe

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), No problem using my iPad

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

If this is the keyboard supplied with the iMac, I don't think it is serious enough for you to be concerned. In any event, it would be out of warranty unless you have replaced the original in the last 12 months. It is likely a poor contact.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Nov 16, 2017 3:36 AM in response to philippefromhünenberg In response to philippefromhünenberg

If this is the keyboard supplied with the iMac, I don't think it is serious enough for you to be concerned. In any event, it would be out of warranty unless you have replaced the original in the last 12 months. It is likely a poor contact.

Nov 16, 2017 3:36 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 16, 2017 3:48 AM in response to philippefromhünenberg In response to philippefromhünenberg

Yes. Odd that it is a feeble light, you would think it is either on or off. I don't know of any part of an iMac that uses a reduced power level that could be linked. Thank you for the star.

Nov 16, 2017 3:48 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: philippefromhünenberg

Question: Keyboard