Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When did my mac wake up?

This frequently happens:

I put my mac mini (Late 2012, macOS 10.12.6) to sleep such that the Sleep Indicator Light (SIL) pulsates on and off slowly. "Wake for network access" is not enabled. "Power Nap" IS enabled. When I wake up, I find that the SIL is steady on which tells me the mac mini is already awake!

Is there a way to find out exactly when the mac mini woke up?

Mac mini (Late 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 3:02 AM

5 replies

Nov 18, 2017 10:36 PM in response to notabill

As per this article Schedule your Mac to turn on or off or sleep - Apple Support

Note: If you have any documents open with unsaved changes, your Mac might not go to sleep or shut down when scheduled.

So follow the short cut in this article Mac keyboard shortcuts - Apple Support

Control–Option–Command–Power button or
Control–Option–Command–Media Eject User uploaded file
Quit all apps, then shut down your Mac. If any open documents have unsaved changes, you'll be asked whether you want to save them.*

Nov 18, 2017 2:43 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric. I looked at the Console and was able to find that my mac wakes up exactly 1 hour (give or take a couple seconds) after I put it to sleep. And I can't figure out why its doing that. Any ideas?

I don't understand how Activity Monitor can be useful in troubleshooting this issue, can you explain?

I do have a wakeup time set, but its in the evening and not anywhere near the times its currently waking up.

Nov 18, 2017 3:24 PM in response to notabill

It shows you what is running in the background so you can see if something unusual is running.

Try running this program in your normal account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

When did my mac wake up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.