Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

crash? 3.0 (3231.11.210)

used to import my pics from iPhone till last week. Now I see:

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 4:10 AM

4 replies

Nov 17, 2017 3:48 AM in response to fqz14

Yes, macOS 10.13.1 is the current official release. Is your Photos Library on an external drive, so someone could have used the drive from a different computer with a newer version of Photos?

. Of course I've tried to check if there any updates OTA, nothing! Photos.app 3.0 (3231.11.210) looks the current version.

Photos cannot be updated separately. You would have to update macOS High Sierra to update Photos. Some parts of Photos will be updated by iTunes, i.e. the syncing with iOS devices like your iPhone. Check, if there is an iTunes update pending as well,

Perhaps the error message is a bogus message and the problem is something else. Test, if Photos can launch at all by holding down the Options Key ⌥ while Photos is launching. Keep holding down the key firmly until the Library Chooser panel appears. Select to create a new library on your system drive and try to import a few iPhone photos into this library (do not delete the phots from the iPhone after importing).

• Does Photos work with a new library?
  • Now quit Photos and disconnect the iPhone and try to launch Photos by double clicking your main Photos Library. Can Photos open your main library without crashing, if the iPhone is not connected?

Nov 16, 2017 4:47 AM in response to fqz14

Have you been using the Photos Library from a different Mac with a newer (beta) version of Photos? You will see this warning, whenever you are using a Photos library first on a Mac with a newer version of MacOS X (for example, a beta version) and then try to open it on a Mac with an older version. if you are using a library between different Macs, all machines need to be updated to the same version of MacOS X.

Nov 16, 2017 2:15 PM in response to léonie

Léonie, thanks for your time and reply.

Well, I have access to another Mac (a MacMini) but both running macOS 10.13.1 (17B48), anyway I only plug the phone there to charge, the use of photos.app only - ever - in my MacBook pro. Of course I've tried to check if there any updates OTA, nothing! Photos.app 3.0 (3231.11.210) looks the current version.

Nov 17, 2017 4:07 AM in response to léonie

Nope, no external drive, all inside my MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3.

Just private use of myself, either the MacBook and the iPhone.

Nothing, same message, unsupported library.

Fixed: My solution was to enrol the MBP at beta software program, downloaded the 10.13.2 Beta (17C79a) and photos opened and recognised my library 😮

But thanks again for your time!

crash? 3.0 (3231.11.210)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.