Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Password Autofill not working

Struggling to figure out what the issue even is.

On a website login form, Safari is NOT prompting me that it has a saved password for the site.

If I select "Passwords" on the keyboard it offers me "Other Passwords" .. and the site is not listed.

So I cancel and go back and try to guess which password I've used...

Then I get an alert saying that the password I've entered doesn't match the password stored in the iCloud keychain, and do I want to update it.

So if the password IS saved in the iCloud keychain.. how come Safari doesn't have access to it?

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 5:57 AM

Some websites will not allow auto fill. The web designer or hosting company can include code in their web site that requires manual entry of a users password every time they log in. Web designers do this to stop internet bots from autofilling information into forms and login screens.

You can go to settings -> accounts & passwords -> App & website passwords and look up the site, and copy the password to the clipboard from there and paste it into the form. That often will work when a site disallows autofill.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2017 5:57 AM in response to reubster

Some websites will not allow auto fill. The web designer or hosting company can include code in their web site that requires manual entry of a users password every time they log in. Web designers do this to stop internet bots from autofilling information into forms and login screens.

You can go to settings -> accounts & passwords -> App & website passwords and look up the site, and copy the password to the clipboard from there and paste it into the form. That often will work when a site disallows autofill.

Nov 16, 2017 6:05 AM in response to reubster

Safari should have the same passwords if you’re using iCloud Keychain. Did anything in the web sites url change at all? Some sites have multiple login pages depending on how you navigate to the login which confuses autofill (I know my health insurance company is terrible for this, so I now have at least three login entries in my keychain for the same site and the same account and information).

Frequently asked questions about iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

iOS Password Autofill not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.