Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Failure to load System Launch Daemon

Hi everyone!

I installed macOS High Sierra this morning (21.5" iMac late-2013) and everything appears to perform as expected.

I did notice a rather long startup and ran EtreCheck to see if there were any problems. The only problem reported was this:

System Launch Daemons: ⓘ

[failed] com.apple.updateEFIDesktopPicture-apfs.plist (Apple, Inc. - installed 2017-10-25)

[not loaded] 41 Apple tasks

[loaded] 168 Apple tasks

[running] 120 Apple tasks

Launch Daemons: ⓘ

[not loaded] com.apple.installer.cleanupinstaller.plist (? 1963bf56 0 - installed 2017-11-16)

Is this something that needs to be corrected? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bill

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 5:12 AM in response to William Tomcanin In response to William Tomcanin

You're welcome. I wouldn't be concerned about the [failed] message. It's a programming term of art that is not in itself any reason for concern or an indication that something is broken. It can only be interpreted within a larger context of macOS's operation, which is opaque to anyone other than Apple's engineers and programmers.

Nov 16, 2017 5:12 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: William Tomcanin

Question: Failure to load System Launch Daemon