Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have to enter iTunes password any time I open an app that was downloaded from iTunes store

This just started...Any time I open an app that I downloaded from the App Store on my iPhone or iPad, I get a popup that asks me to enter my iTunes password. I searched fixes and tried to restart the device, tried signing out of and back into iCloud, and even changed the password for my Apple ID. Nothing worked. Any suggestions? Been having problems with syncing the devices with my iMac also. I am thinking about going back to Sierra and iOS 10!!!

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 5:05 AM

3 replies

Nov 19, 2017 12:07 PM in response to Community User

Thanks for answering those questions, ke0odd.

Based on the information you provided, I would recommend reinstalling the iOS software on your iPhone as the next step. To do that, first back up your iPhone, using either iCloud or iTunes: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support . Then, use the steps under the "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" section of If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support . Even though the title of the article does not match your issue, the reinstallation steps are the same.

If that solves the issue, try reinstalling the iOS on your iPad, as well, following the same steps.

Cheers!

Nov 16, 2017 5:32 PM in response to Community User

Hi, ke0odd! It looks like your questions haven't been answered yet. Providing some additional information could help others in the Apple Support Communities help you find a resolution. Try answering the following questions:

Have you ever used a different Apple ID to download apps?
What exactly are you having issues with when it comes to syncing? For example, do you get any error messages?

Have a lovely day.

Aug 7, 2018 1:15 PM in response to AppleJoe

Hello Joe. Well the syncing issue I have another question posted. I just threw that in to show my frustration. As for the Apple ID, I changed it about a year ago, but have since reset my phone and had to re-download all my apps with my new ID. This problem just started after I updated to iOS 11.1.1. I Hope this information helps the community.

Have to enter iTunes password any time I open an app that was downloaded from iTunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.