Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Buying IPhone X for South Africa

Hi Minnie Here

I'd like to buy the iPhone X but I'm in South Africa so I'm worried if it will work and how do I make sure that I buy the right iPhone That's going to work perfectly well in my country?

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 4:37 AM in response to MinnieMunchieeee In response to MinnieMunchieeee

You should not buy an iPhone X except in the country in which you intend to use it unless you are willing to take the risks associated with such a purchase. These include not being able to activate the phone and having no warranty coverage.

Apple may offer a sim free version of the iPhone X and that would work but the warranty would only be valid in the country where it was originally sold.

Nov 16, 2017 4:37 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 16, 2017 9:37 AM in response to madra31 In response to madra31

Thank u so much for replying. My problem is in my country it is very very expensive and in America it's reasonable so I'd really love to get it in America . I just want to make sure I don't buy the wrong phone so how can I make sure of that? I don't mind losing the warranty i just want to ask if I'll be able to fix it in apple stores and authorized resellers in my country?

Nov 16, 2017 9:37 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 16, 2017 9:43 AM in response to MinnieMunchieeee In response to MinnieMunchieeee

MinnieMunchieeee wrote:

I don't mind losing the warranty i just want to ask if I'll be able to fix it in apple stores and authorized resellers in my country?

No, the Warranty is what lets you fix it in Apple Stores and Authorized resellers in your country.

If you buy it from the U.S. the warranty will only be valid in the U.S. and as such you would only be able to get it repaired in the U.S and not in your country.

Beyond that, you cannot buy it from the U.S online store unless you have a U.S. credit card with a U.S. Billing address and ship it to a U.S. address. Apple does not ship internationally.

Nov 16, 2017 9:43 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: MinnieMunchieeee

Question: Buying IPhone X for South Africa