Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How do I disconnect from iCloud? I accidentally activated it. Now my documents and desktop files are moved. I don't need icloud for any thing. I hace more storage space than I'll ever need with a back-up CD and a huge LaCie external hard drive

How do I disconnect from iCloud? I accidentally activated it. Now my documents and desktop files are moved. I don't need icloud for any thing. I have more storage space than I'll ever need with a back-up CD and a huge LaCie external hard drive. I'd like to have desktop and documents folders left where they were.

Thanks, Don.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 11:29 AM in response to DonAHoyt In response to DonAHoyt

Go to System Preferences/iCloud/iCloud Drive/Options and turn Documents and Desktop syncing off. Manually copy the files back to your computer using Finder/Sidebar/iCloud Drive. If you aren't syncing anything else, you can go to System Preferences/iCloud and uncheck all syncing.

Nov 16, 2017 11:29 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: DonAHoyt

Question: How do I disconnect from iCloud? I accidentally activated it. Now my documents and desktop files are moved. I don't need icloud for any thing. I hace more storage space than I'll ever need with a back-up CD and a huge LaCie external hard drive