Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after updating to 11.1 and experiencing various issues eg unable to sync, I restored my iphone from a backup. Now I am unable to use touch ID for any apps, eg banking apps, it only works to log into my iphone. Has anybody else had this issue?

To use it in work environment, my iphone 7 has to be kept up to date, so a little while after it initially was released, I updated it to ios 11, and ended up doing 2 further updates to eventually arrive on 11.1

The phone worked in most respects but I found I was unable to sync and any itunes purchases would only partially download then get stuck. After several days and trying everything I could think of, I eventually had to restore from backup.

Still on 11.1, i just had to reset a couple of items, but most things seemed unaffected. I was glad to find it had resolved the sync and itunes issue but now I have a new one.

I had to setup Apple pay again which was fairly painless, and which I did successfully. However I am no longer able to use touch ID on any 3rd party apps. Touch ID works for logging onto my phone, and I have the fingerprints set up, but I've been unable to find any way to re-enable it for banking apps such as natwest, first direct etc. I had found prior to updating this worked really well and was most likely my favourite feature of the phone.

I noted there is now another IOS 11.1.1 update which fixes some other bugs. I tried updating again, but despite many attempts I can't get past the password setup for encrypting a backup which is a pre-requisite to run the upgrade.

I really wished I had stayed on ios 10.

Any ideas on the touch ID issue, or failing that if there is a chance 11.1.1 might fix it, how to get past the password issue. It just says unable to set password. I don't know if there is a criteria, eg must includes special characters, cannot include special characters etc, it doesn't say, so have tried many combinations but no luck.

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 4:31 AM

There are no replies.

after updating to 11.1 and experiencing various issues eg unable to sync, I restored my iphone from a backup. Now I am unable to use touch ID for any apps, eg banking apps, it only works to log into my iphone. Has anybody else had this issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.