Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Left AirPod stops working unless I reverse them

So my left AirPod stopped working, it's the oddest thing. And I've tried everything in the other threads. But here's where it gets interesting: when I put them in the wrong ears, left pod in right ear and right pod in left year... I get full stereo and they both work. Take them out and place them in each correct ear and the left pod refuses to work.

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 5:10 AM

2 replies

Nov 16, 2017 5:41 PM in response to Bill Sabab

Hello Bill Sabab.

​If I'm understanding correctly, your AirPods are not working properly when using them in the correct ear. I will be happy to help.

Have attempted to unpair and re-add your AirPods. If not, let's give that a try. Follow the steps below from the article: Set up and use third-party Bluetooth accessories

Unpair a Bluetooth accessory

To unpair a Bluetooth accessory, tap Settings > Bluetooth, find the device you want to unpair, and tap User uploaded fileUser uploaded file , then Forget this Device.

When you Forget this Device on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, that accessory is removed from the list of available Bluetooth devices. To add the Bluetooth accessory to your device again, place it back in discovery mode and repeat the steps above to pair it again.

Cheers.

Dec 25, 2017 4:29 AM in response to CarlAVII

Allen:

Thanks for the suggestion, but as I had mentioned, I have tried everything listed in other posts on this topic to no avail. And trying this again didn't help. Such an odd problem, that I know other device manufacturers have with their bluetooth headphones as my wife had the same thing happen to her non-Apple branded devices. And a re-pairing worked for her, but it isn't happening on my Apple set. Very discouraging especially as I'm aware that AirPods are out of stock until January.

Left AirPod stops working unless I reverse them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.