Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Mac mini early 2012. I upgraded memory to 8 Gigs but now after a few hours the system shuts down and I get a constant beeping

I have a Mac mini, early 2012. I upgraded to 8 Gigs back in the summer and the machine runs much better. But now after a few hours, the system shuts down and I get a constant beeping. It started after the upgrade and I also installed Sierra. I have sufficient memory since my monitor tells me I have 2-3 gigs available most of the time.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 6:32 AM

Can you hear your fans running fast and loud? Could be an overheating problem. Also rule out memory module problems. Try opening your machine and reseating the memory. Then test for bad memory. I use Memtest http://www.memtestosx.org/

3 replies

Nov 16, 2017 7:46 AM in response to RWHunter03

macs are picky with memory modules so if you picked up some std. ones it could be the issue

and of cause memory modules are sensitive to statics so if one don't install them carefully one can damage them

and as stated if they are not proper inserted

all can cause periodic defects which would explain your issue

I would only get modules from crucial myself

I have a Mac mini early 2012. I upgraded memory to 8 Gigs but now after a few hours the system shuts down and I get a constant beeping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.