Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a large fcpx project that won't export. Fcpx shows it's exporting but then there's nothing in the destination file. Small projects export fine. Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

I have a large fcpx project that won't export. Fcpx shows it's exporting but then there's nothing in the destination file. Small projects export fine. Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.3.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 5:56 AM

6 replies

Nov 16, 2017 10:32 AM in response to ViciousVideo

Perhaps too obvious but are you sure the destination drive has enough free space?

You said there's "nothing in the destination file". What does that mean exactly?

I think you should keep an eye on the tasks window and see what happens as the export progresses. Is it stopping before reaching 100%? Is it happening with all large exports? Do they share common video clips? Perhaps there's a corrupt clip that's making one particular export fail.

Try posting all the info you can think of about the files, sizes, what's happening during export, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.