Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist on iTunes not syncing correctly to iPhone using iTunes Match

Hello everyone,

I'm using iTunes with iTunes Match to sync my music to my iPhone 6S. All my music is also stored locally on my desktop with iTunes on Windows.

I have this Smart Playlist called "Sterren: 3/5". It contains all songs which have 3 star rating. As you can see, it has 776 tracks in it.

User uploaded file

When I go to Music app on my iPhone and go to that playlist, it displays a completely different number:

User uploaded file

And yes, it's the same playlist:

User uploaded file

Now, when I hit the cloud download button, the download starts. But if you'd expect to see 70 tracks being downloaded, or 776 tracks as it shoud be, then you're wrong too. Only about 437 tracks are being downloaded. The screenshot below was taken right after I hit the download button.

User uploaded file

So, 437 downloads is better than 70, but still it's not the same as 700+ downloads.

Can anyone point me in a direction? Or, if it's a bug instead of a feature, Apple... can you fix it?

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 7:00 AM

There are no replies.

Playlist on iTunes not syncing correctly to iPhone using iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.