Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Does the iPhone X have a proximity sensor

Does the iPhone X have a proximity sensor?

Mine doesn't blank when I cover the top notch, put it in my pocket, or hold it to my face. Is the proximity sensor not functioning, or isn't there one?

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

No, it doesn't blank when you're not in a call. That's the way it's always worked.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Jan 5, 2018 9:46 AM in response to Phil0124 In response to Phil0124

my iphone x screen is going to black screen after call sometimes. i tried to tap but it doesnt awake the screen. does it mean proximity sensor does not work? the screen light up again until the call is ended up . any ideas why? and how to solve this.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 7:34 AM in response to sydhv In response to sydhv

The Proximity sensor only activates when you are on a call. When the phone is not on a call, the proximity sensor is not active as there would be many instances when turning off the screen due to it being covered up would not be functional.

Nov 16, 2017 7:34 AM

Reply Helpful (3)
Question marked as Helpful

Jan 5, 2018 9:46 AM in response to Phil0124 In response to Phil0124

my iphone x screen is going to black screen after call sometimes. i tried to tap but it doesnt awake the screen. does it mean proximity sensor does not work? the screen light up again until the call is ended up . any ideas why? and how to solve this.

Jan 5, 2018 9:46 AM

Reply Helpful (6)

Jan 9, 2018 12:24 PM in response to agungyip In response to agungyip

My iphone happens the same thing. For it to light up during a call, I need to push the side button twice. After this it normally works the sensor.

Weird. It already opens a call in the applecare and they asked me to restore the factory default. I have not had time to do that yet.

Rodrigo (Brazil)

Jan 9, 2018 12:24 PM

Reply Helpful (3)
User profile for user: sydhv

Question: Does the iPhone X have a proximity sensor