Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore imac to factory setting

I am trying to restore an iMac 2009 to factory settings. i se a lot of comments about open utility and hit continue, but I don’t see where on my Mac it says continue. I don’t have a start up disk. I have a new iMac which the Apple store transferred everything from the old Mac to the new one, but forgot to restore old Mac to factory Which they said they would do. Please help restore old Mac to factory setting.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 7:39 AM

Clickhereand follow the instructions. When you reach step 5, insert a compatible Mac OS X install DVD, restart with the C or Option key held down, use the Disk Utility to erase the internal drive, and install a fresh OS.

If you don't have one, click here or phone Apple and order replacement original disks.

(155107)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2017 7:39 AM in response to alanainsusse

Clickhereand follow the instructions. When you reach step 5, insert a compatible Mac OS X install DVD, restart with the C or Option key held down, use the Disk Utility to erase the internal drive, and install a fresh OS.

If you don't have one, click here or phone Apple and order replacement original disks.

(155107)

restore imac to factory setting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.