Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a new iPhone 8. I had backed up my music on my computer from my iPhone 6.

I bought a iPhone 8. I had a 6 previously. I backed up the 6 to my computer. I cannot transfer my music. My computer won’t recognize this new 8. So I tried to download all the songs from iTunes again as I was told once you buy a song you don’t have to pay again for the same song. I have hundreds of hours of music I’m not willing to buy every thing again. It’s too expensive. I thought I could look in iCloud for the music but I can’t seem to get into that either. I am frustrated and getting angry. Please help me.

iPhone 8

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 7:05 AM

2 replies

Nov 16, 2017 8:36 AM in response to Pattychambers

If you have an iPhone 8 running iOS 11, then you need at least iTunes version 12.5 (preferably 12.7) which, in turn, requires at least Windows 7. If you meet those conditions, then see:

If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

As long as you are using the same Apple ID that you purchased the music with (and they still exist in the iTunes Store), then you should be able to download them again (for free):

Redownload music, movies, TV shows, apps, and books from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store - Apple Support

I bought a new iPhone 8. I had backed up my music on my computer from my iPhone 6.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.