Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm using iPhone 5s 16gb right now. And the iOS is iOS 9. I should upgrade the iOS. Do you think iOS 10.3.3 is safe for my iPhone 5s 16gb? Thank you.

Please give me the answers and solutions. Thank you 🙂

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1, null

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 6:59 AM

5 replies

Nov 17, 2017 12:54 PM in response to msnatashaputri

I'll be the odd-man out and recommend that you stay where you are on iOS 9.x.x. If you have no need to update (apps requiring a higher iOS) and the device is running fine as it is, just stay where you are. There's nothing *requiring* you to update if you don't have the need to.

As others have mentioned, if you choose to update, you will be updated to the most recent iOS that your device qualifies for. You cannot pick & choose the update that you want to run.

Yes, I myself am (still) staying at iOS 9.3.5 on my iPhone 5S for the time being...a lot longer than I expected but my device is running great as it is. The new "features" of iOS 11.x.x don't interest me in the least bit.

I'm using iPhone 5s 16gb right now. And the iOS is iOS 9. I should upgrade the iOS. Do you think iOS 10.3.3 is safe for my iPhone 5s 16gb? Thank you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.