Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync playlists on iPhone and iPad without a computer?

I no longer own a computer. I have no need for one personally, since all I need to do outside the office is read, write, and listen to music. When I recently purchased an iPad Pro and set it up with my Apple account, the music on my iPhone (that had been backed up on iCloud) appeared on the iPad. This included the playlists I’d set up.

I’ve just made a new playlist on the iPad, but it hasn’t shown up on my phone. It’s been a couple of days now, so plenty of time with both devices being connected to the cloud. Can anyone explain the ins and outs, and why the playlist hasn’t appeared in both places?

Many thanks.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 16, 2017 8:52 AM

2 replies

Nov 17, 2017 9:09 AM in response to TruthSayer2016

I don’t see an option to turn the Library on or off in Settings/Music. Under the Library heading there, there is only an option to show star ratings.

I googled some more and found this for sharing playlists with others, but it was also unhelpful. The option they mention there in Step 6 isn’t available to me.

I’m using iOS 11.1.2, so I don’t understand why none of these settings are showing up on my iPad or iPhone.

Sync playlists on iPhone and iPad without a computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.